Thursday, October 16, 2008

Politics....Who do they think they are fooling?

As we watched the late night news of course they had to cover the debate between Obama and McCain....
I purposely avoid the debates like the plague. Why listen to these guys slam each other's credibility? It isn't like they even bother to answer direct questions or give a direct answer. Each candidate is too busy trying to dis the other one over minor, mickey mouse issues. Neither one is a Saint when it comes to the way they have voted on anything.

So why do they think all this bickering and name calling is necessary? They aren't fooling anyone with their rhetoric about each other's stance on the issues. Well, maybe a few will be persuaded to change their opinions. At this point though, I don't really like either candidate. All either one seems to be doing is giving lip service, saying what they 'think' the American people want to hear from them....and then totally slamming the other candidate. I'll be so glad when this election is past and then the 'real' fun begins.

I can't wait to have a new leader in office....Bush has done exactly what my girlfriend and I thought he would do prior to his winning the first term as President. The nightmare has come true under his terms in office. With the two new candidates, I don't really see much difference between them and Bush. Seems like the more they move their lips, the more half truths and outright lies come out. As one of my ex's used to say "The way to turn an honest man into a crook...elect him as President".

Seems like all any of them want is a chance to get their fingers into the 'American Pie' so they can twist the knife deeper into the peoples' backs. None ever seem to recall the 'promises' they make to their supporters during their campaigns.

Yeah, I'll be casting my vote in November....at this point, I'll be ready to close my eyes and let "God" sort it out as I mark my ballot.


Click here for copyright permissions! Copyright 2008 Stormdancer

No comments:

Post a Comment